Nothin’ But Sand Beach Cleanup March 2023
(ONLY individuals under 18 bring a signed waiver* )
Join Heal the Bay and Beachlife Festival in Redondo Beach for the March 2023 Nothin’ But Sand Cleanup!
In partnership with the Beachlife Festival, Heal the Bay is looking for volunteers to help clean up the beach and learn about upstream solutions to our collective marine debris problem.
In 2022 Heal the Bay volunteers removed more than 14K lbs. of trash from Los Angeles County Beaches and with your help we hope to make an even bigger impact in 2023.
Register asap as our buckets go quickly and we’ll “sea” you on the sand.
Please note: Heal the Bay only guarantees cleanup supplies for the first 300 people who are registered.
Cleanup location: Redondo Beach, south of the Redondo Beach Pier
505 George Freeth Way, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
Additional parking is available near Veterans Park and at the Redondo Beach Pier.
Each volunteer registers individually unless they are with a group or family:
- Individuals ages 18+: Register, check in upon arrival and you’re good to go. Your registration confirmation = a signed waiver form
- Individuals ages 14-18: Have a parent/legal guardian register AND sign a waiver form, bring the signed waiver form with you to the cleanup.
- Individuals under 14: Have a parent/legal guardian sign a waiver form AND be accompanied by an adult at the cleanup
- Families: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of your partner/children, check in upon arrival and you’re good to go. Your registration confirmation = a signed waiver form for your family
- Groups: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of group members. Have members sign a waiver form and bring it with them, submit a digital waiver, or sign a waiver upon arrival. Minors need a signature from a parent/legal guardian.
Sold out? If general admission sells out, you can register at the cleanup. However, you will be responsible for bringing your own cleanup supplies.
Sign a Waiver
- Individuals over 18 and Families sign a virtual waiver through Eventbrite (when reserving a ticket).
- Groups have members sign a waiver form and bring it with them or sign a waiver upon arrival.
- Individuals Under 18 must have a legal guardian sign a waiver form before participating.
Service hour forms will be signed by a beach captain at the end of the cleanup. Please bring the form you need signed or request a service hour form on the day of the cleanup as we cannot verify service hours after the event.
When you show up
- Be prepared to be outside for 2-3 hours. Beach weather can be unpredictable, so we recommend dressing in layers. Drinking water is available at all cleanups.
- Help make Nothin’ But Sand a zero-waste event by bringing your own buckets, garden gloves, and a reusable mask and water bottle.
- These events are rain or shine. We will notify all registered attendees in the event of a cancellation. We will also update our social media pages accordingly.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email Stephanie Gebhardt Rath, our Beach Programs Manager, at [email protected]
- All cleanup volunteers will receive a raffle ticket after submitting a liability waiver at the registration booth and receiving a beach safety talk
- Cleanup supplies will not be issued to volunteers who have not received a raffle ticket
Be sure to stay until the end of the cleanup to see if you win the raffle! You must be present to collect your prize.
Beachlife Festival – May 5-7, 2023
Heal the Bay is happy to partner with Beachlife Festival for Nothin’ But Sand in March. Beachlife Festival celebrates the power and beauty of the ocean and coastal resources through music, art, and community building. Go to https://www.beachlifefestival.com/ to learn more!
Please note: Heal the Bay only provides cleanup supplies for the first 300 people who are registered.
We would like to acknowledge that this cleanup will take place on the traditional lands of the Tongva People, and we pay respect to elders both past and present.