Last updated: July 15, 2022
Information We Collect
We collect personal and non-personal information as further described below:
- Information You Provide: When you enter information on the Site or when you provide it to us in any other way, we receive and store that information. This includes information you provide when you request information via the Site, when you sign up for our mailing list, and when you input information into the Site as you use it. You can always choose not to provide certain information, but your use of some of our features may be limited or restricted if you choose to do so. We use the information that you provide for our own internal business purposes, such purposes as responding to your requests, providing the Services, and communicating with you.
- Technical Information: We may receive certain technical information when you use our Services, including browsing information (date, time, page views), usage data (queries, data usage), your device identifier and IP address, and notifications when you open emails that we send you. We use this information to provide the Services to you, to customize your experience using the Services, and/or improve the Services over time.
- Information from Mobile Devices. When you access or use our Services using a mobile device, we may receive additional information about and from that mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device and/or location information. We use this information to provide the Services to you, to customize your experience using the Services, and/or improve the Services over time. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off the location-based services. If you disable the location services in your phone, we will not continue to receive that information.
- Server Logs: When you use our Services, we may automatically collect and store information, including the categories of information summarized above, in our server logs. This may include details of how you used our Services, such as number and type of queries, IP address, device event information, and cookies and other anonymous identifier information.
- Local Storage: In addition to collecting and storing information in our servers, we may collect and store your information (including personal information) locally on your device using technologies such as browser web storage and application data caches.
California Do Not Track: Some browsers allow you to set a “Do Not Track” (DNT) signal that tells website operators that you do not want your browsing activities to be tracked. Our Site does not respond to DNT signals at this time.
Use of Your Information
We access and use your information for the specific purposes described above, and more generally for the purposes described below:
- To provide you with the Services.
- To communicate with you about your account and your transactions with our Services.
- Subject to local law and any choices and controls available to you, to personalize the content and experiences we provide to you.
- To optimize and improve our Services over time.
- To detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or applicable law.
Sharing Your Information
Excepted as described below, we do not share your information with third parties.
- Information You Share: Our Services include features that allow you to share information with others. When you use our Services to share information with others, we ask that you remember that your information may be retained in the future by those parties, even after you might disable access to that person in the future and/or after you delete your account.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We engage the services of other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting, marketing and social media functions (including sending surveys, email, and other communications), analyzing data, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), and providing customer service. These providers have access to personal information on an as-needed basis to perform the specific function for which they were engaged, but they may not use personal information for any other purposes.
- Protection of Our Company, Other Users and Others: We release account and other personal information when we reasonably believe that doing so is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Us, our users, or others.
- Aggregate Information. We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information with the public and/or third parties (such as partners, investors, advertisers, and service providers).
Links to Other Websites and Apps
Choices and Controls
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices in regard to the collection, use and sharing of your information. Subject to applicable law, your controls and choices may include the following:
- You may correct, update and delete information you provided when subscribing to our mailing list.
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting us via email at email@example.com or by sending us written correspondence at the notices address set forth below.
We reserve the right to reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require a material technical effort (such as developing new code or materially modifying an existing feature), may adversely affect the privacy of others, or which would be commercially impractical (such as accessing data from backup systems not readily available).
Use of Services by Children
Our Services are not intended for use by children. If you are under the age of 13, you may not use our Services.
Data Security & Integrity
The security, integrity and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. Please be aware though that, despite our efforts, no security measures are impenetrable.
Communications and Notices
Alternatively, you may write us at:
Changes to Privacy Notice
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Local Anchor may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 2020.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
contact information including email address
demographic information such as zip code, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The "help" feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.