UPDATE THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED – Night of Lights OC and First Class Events Brings Prom Night Safely Back to Southern California Schools with “Prom on Wheels”
CANCELLED Night of Lights OC, a wildly popular winter wonderland drive-thru experience and First Class Events, a leading Southern California prom and event planning company that has produced more than 2,000 high school events, is thrilled to announce “Prom on Wheels.” The outdoor, one-mile immersive drive-thru prom celebration is open to high schools in all of Southern California. This one-of-kind event will take place at the OC Fair & Event Center in Costa Mesa during select nights from mid-April through June.
Prom on Wheels offers students a unique and fun alternative to the traditional prom experience that will deliver memories for a lifetime. The immersive in-car experience is filled with epic audio and visual displays, live performances and entertainment, while being in compliance with all county, state and health department guidelines.
“We are so excited to offer an incredible experience for high school students to enjoy their prom this year. As we all know, last year there was no prom and we wanted to make sure that didn’t happen again by offering a unique, safe and fun alternative!” said Hollie Keeton, president of First Class Events. “This multi-million-dollar production is sure to give kids a true prom experience that touches on all the key elements of a traditional prom plus something very unique that they will remember forever.”
The one-mile drive-thru Prom on Wheels experience includes:
- A glowing “Red Carpet” Tunnel arrival to start the celebration, evoking the traditional walk down the red carpet
- Several imaginative zones featuring life size props, stages and special effects
- A DJ pumping music through a select FM channel in each car, coordinated to festival-like scenes with pulsing lights, video screens, lasers, and fog that immerse students in the experience
- Light tunnels animated to the music
- LED monitors featuring custom logos and graphics throughout the route, allowing each school to create its own unique experience for their students
- Presentation of the Prom Court and Crowning of the King and Queen
- A trip down the disco ball tunnel to simulate the last dance
- The coveted prom photo to wrap up the experience
In-car treats are available for pre-order online when purchasing tickets before entering the Prom on Wheels experience. Food selection ranges from pizza to chicken tenders, and Mom’s Bakeshoppe cookie buckets to warm popcorn buckets, and much more. Food and beverages are available to order online by 10am on the date of admission and will be available to pick-up prior to entering the drive-thru experience.
Prom on Wheels is now accepting reservations for high schools interested in exclusive time-slots and nights from April 15th through June 5th. Select nights are also available for high school students whose school does not have an exclusive arrangement. Tickets start at $79 per car for up to 4 passengers. Reserve your high school’s night or purchase tickets now as sessions are limited at www.PromOnWheels.com.