If you’re looking for some easy Trader Joe’s snacks that your kids will love, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve put together a list of our top favorite snacks that are perfect for when you’re on-the-go!
The Best Trader Joe’s Snacks for Kids
Whether you are headed to the beach, the park, a playdate or road trip, these are must-have Trader Joe’s snacks. From cookies and crackers to their trail mix and granola bars, there’s something here for everyone. So next time you hit up Trader Joe’s, be sure to stock up on these kid-friendly snacks.
1. The PB& J sticks are excellent for road trips and park days. You’ll want to keep them in the cooler because the sticks will get soft when hot.
Carbs & Dips
3. The Hummus and Pita chips have handy little packages that are all wrapped up and ready to go, so these are a super easy item to take anywhere.
4. The Peanut Butter Pretzels are like a pretzel stick and peanut butter dip all in one with no sticky mess to clean up. Now that’s a win.
5. The super yummy Avocado’s Number Guacamole On-the-Go comes in a 6-pack of little cups. Pack up a bag of Trader Joe’s Tortilla Chips and you’re good to go!
Meat and Cheese
Trader Joe’s is really the best place for charcuterie. When you hit the road, you can pack it all in bento box-style with salami, ham, turkey and cheese. There are also loads of individual grab-and-go cheese options.
6. The String Cheese and Cheese Sticks make for excellent portable protein.
7. The Baby Bell Cheese in red wax or the super soft “cow cheese” that’s in the foil wrapped triangles are both great choices.
8. Trader Joe’s Protein Palette packs in salami, parmesan cheese crisps, and almonds in one handy container.
You simply can’t go wrong with fruit, but some can handle a day on the road or at the beach better than others.
9. You really can’t beat Trader Joe’s fresh fruit selection. For ease on the go, simply wash and return to the box they came in and pop them in the cooler. This works great with grapes and berries.
10. The packaged sliced fruit, like the sliced melon, pineapple and watermelon are a huge time saver and always a hit!
11. Trader Joe’s freeze dried fruits are an easy way to pack in a nutritious snack without needing a cooler.
12. Frozen fruit – the frozen mango and frozen pineapple hold up well in the cooler, they are perfectly defrosted and delicious for a quick cool down at the beach.
13. The Squeezie Pouches are a no-brainer, especially for toddlers, but even big kids can enjoy these mess-free options.
14. You haven’t lived until you’ve tried freezing the Yogurt Squishers. They turn into instant “ice cream” if you eat them right away. But if you’re hitting the road, freezing ensures they’ll travel well and stay cool all day.
Crackers and Chips
Salty carbs are always a snack win and Trader Joe’s has plenty of kid-friendly crackers and chips.
15. The Sandwich Crackers (either PB or cheese) are easy snack crowd-pleasers.
16. Trader Joe’s Baked Cheese Crunchies (aka TJ’s Cheetos) – if you haven’t tried these, run don’t walk. Our kid testers say they are “better than real Cheetos”, let us know if yours agree!
17. Cheddar Rockets- TJ’s answer to Goldfish and in our opinion, the better cracker!
18. Round crackers- TJ’s version of Ritz, these go perfectly with the cheddar slices and salami.
19. Trader Joes White Cheddar Corn Puffs (aka Pirate’s Booty) are an instant classic.
20. Not exactly a cracker or chip, but fans of the Trader Joe’s Organic Roasted Seaweed snack packs are sure to gobble them up.
Veggies and Dips
Another great use for those bento lunchboxes! Add different veggies to each compartment and some ranch, tzatziki sauce, or hummus for dipping. Our favorite veggies to pack are sliced bell peppers, carrots and cucumbers- all pretty sturdy so they weather road and beach trips well.
21. Baby Carrots, need we say more?
22. The new-this-summer Baby Cucumbers TJ’s has are great because they require pretty much no prep work at all.
23. The tzatziki sauce is perfect for dipping those carrots and cukes.
24. TJ’s offers a dozen different varieties of hummus, each pairs perfectly with veggies or crackers.
Trail Mix & Nuts
25. We love the individually packaged almonds, cashews and trail mixes that TJ’s has to offer and these are always in our beach bag. (PRO TIP: Be mindful of any mixes with chocolate or yogurt chips in them, you’ll want to keep those in the cooler so you aren’t stuck with a melty mess!)
26. You can never go wrong with protein bars. Individually packaged and perfect to keep on hand at all times to keep hanger at bay and focus on the summer fun! Trader Joe’s always has a great range of bars. You’re sure to find at least one your kids enjoy. The “___(fruit)___ walks into a bar” bars are always popular.
What are your kids’ favorite Trader Joe’s snacks? Share any must-haves we missed in our Local Anchor Facebook group.