4th of July Fireworks
MARK YOUR CALENDARS! 📆 Tuesday, July 4, 2023 at 9:00pm
Southern California’s BEST firework display is right here in beautiful Dana Point! The fireworks are shot from a barge on the water, located off the coastline of Doheny State Beach. 🎆
🎶 Listen to special 4th of July music during the show: bit.ly/DP_Fireworks
Prior to the fireworks display, the Condor Squadron, consisting of WWII North American AT-6 airplanes will be making a flyover in Dana Point from 5:50pm to 5:55pm, so look to the skies for this annual tradition. ✈️
Fourth of July is a very busy time in Dana Point, particularly in the Dana Point Harbor and Doheny State Beach area. If you plan to come for the fireworks, expect delays when departing after the event concludes. A couple of other helpful tips:
• Use the Dana Point Trolley system, but keep in mind that the trolley STOPS RUNNING AT 8:30 PM. Visit www.dptrolley.com for routes.
• Park in legal parking spaces only.
• Access to Doheny State Beach on the morning of the 4th is very congested; A line forms overnight so plan ahead. Left turn movements on Dana Point Harbor Drive will be restricted the night before at Puerto Place, in the early morning hours at Park Lantern and in the Harbor west of Golden Lantern during the event.
• Scenic Drive will be closed at Cove Road starting at 8pm due to emergency access issues and will reopen after the fireworks. Cove Road will be closed from 8:50pm-9:30pm to allow for emergency access vehicles only, and will reopen after the fireworks program to allow for exiting traffic from the Harbor to use that as an alternative.
• Trash becomes a big issue on this day. Please do your part in keeping our City clean and place all trash where it belongs.
At the end of the event, there will be traffic congestion, particularly for those exiting Harbor parking lots or Doheny State Beach after the fireworks. Allow plenty of time to safely get home.
We look forward to a great event and bringing our families together!