5 Simple Tips for Self-Care For Busy Moms
As a mom, life is busy, so I came up with my 5 Simple Tips for Self-Care. Oh, hi! Just casually sitting here with my bottle of Yakult and contemplating my health and fitness goals for 2019!
This is a sponsored post
One thing that really came into focus for me this past year is that as a mama, I MUST make the time to take care of myself. I got serious about that over the summer, and am happy to say that I’m finishing 2018 feeling better and stronger than I have in years.
I’d love to hear what YOU do to take care of yourself as a busy person! Here are five shifts that I made in the last few year that really work well with my schedule:
1. WATER. I start each day with a big glass before coffee, and carry my reusable bottle around with me all day.
2. GOING TO BED EARLIER. I used to put the kids to bed and then go right back to work, checking emails and writing and checking IG. Now, whatever is not done by the time I pick up the kids in the late afternoon waits until the next day, which has forced me to calendar everything so it all gets done. I try to be asleep by 10:30 now!
3. PROBIOTICS. You may have heard me yakking about Yakult on the radio! I’m so happy to talk about it because I drink it every morning and it makes my tummy happy. My stomach is literally like thanks to the billions of live and active probiotic strain Lactobacillus casei Shirota. Gut health is so important to overall health!
4. MEDITATION AND FITNESS APPS. I LOVE working out and going to yoga class, but with my schedule it’s tough to make it. The normal time that I have available to exercise is 5am while my kids are still asleep, so discovering that I could get a great workout in my kitchen was a game changer. And calming my mind with meditation before checking email or social media has helped me feel more balanced.
5. LISTENING TO AUDIOBOOKS. I started “reading” more books this year thanks to the fact that I am listening to them. Novels, nonfiction…I love all books. I just feel more alive when I’m caught up in a great story or learning something new, and I’m so thankful for our local libraries that offer such a great selection of books and audiobooks. Here’s to a happy, healthy, and fun 2019!
For more Self – Care tips, check out our Health & Wellness section on our website.
Some of our favorite articles include:
6 Meditation Apps to Reduce Stress
6 Easy Steps to a Healthier and More Productive Lifestyle
How to Increase Productivity and Improve your Stress Management