BeachLife Toy Drive and Battle of The Bands
We are hosting a Battle of The Bands for kids bands to compete to Play a Set at this years BeachLife Festival!!! On Dec 15, we will host the finals at Rock n Brews Redondo Beach. Admission to the event will be one new, unwrapped toy to donate to our friends at St Jude!
Battle Of The Bands Rules:
• Post a video recording of your entire band playing a song (see song criteria below) on social media (YouTube, Instagram, Tik Tok or Facebook) and tag BeachLife Festival. Please be sure that your post is set to PUBLIC or our judges will not be able to see it and your entry may not be considered
• Copy the URL link to the performance and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Our panel of judges will review all entries and select 3-5 finalists.
• Band members must all be 18 or under on December 15, 2022.
• Band members must all be amateur level musicians – no pros, please!
• Contestants must be available to play at our Final Battle Event: December 15, 2022 from 6pm-8pm in Redondo Beach in order to be eligible.
• Entries must be submitted before December 10, 2022.
• Contestants may submit an original or cover of an existing song, but all covers must be identified as covers, and contain the original song title and artist version they are covering.
• Song lyrics must be family friendly. Songs with obscene subject matter, use of profanity or songs of a suggestive nature will not be considered.
• One song submission per band/contestant. Anything posted after the first submission will not be eligible.
At the December 15 final event:
• Bands will play one original song and one cover, and bands will be limited to a 15 minute set.
• Bands will be judged on: Stage Presence, Performance, Fan Reaction & Attendance, Originality
• Winner of the final battle will play the opening slot on Sunday May 7, on the Riptide Stage at the BeachLife Festival! (date and time subject to change)