Coastal Cleanup Day (Plus Traveling Tidepool, Arts & Crafts, & More)
In celebration of Coastal Cleanup Day, LA County Beaches and Harbors is partnering with Supervisor Holly J. Mitchell and Heal the Bay to host a Beach Cleanup event at Dockweiler Beach. Our goal is to inspire and educate a new generation on how to create a more sustainable future!
This free event will also feature our Can the Trash! booth, arts & craft station with reDiscover Center, and a traveling tidepool. Don’t miss this great experience for you, your family, and friends to get involved in the community and environment.
NOTE: All cleanup volunteers must print, complete, and submit a signed beach cleanup waiver form in order to join the cleanup. Please help us save paper and complete our online waiver for Adults (English or Spanish) and Under 18 (English or Spanish), before arriving. Printable PDFs are also available in English or Spanish.
Check-in & Supply Location: Dockweiler Youth Center – 12505 Vista del Mar, Playa del Rey, CA 90293
Want to roll up your sleeves for this beach cleanup?
– We would love to have you participate in our beach cleanup, which will take place on Saturday, September 23, 9 AM – 12 PM.
– A signed beach cleanup waiver form is required for every volunteer. Please help us save paper and complete our online waiver for Adults (English or Spanish) and Under 18 (English or Spanish), before arriving. Paper waivers will be available at the event.
– Volunteers ages 12 & younger must be accompanied by an adult.
– Volunteers under 18 years old must have a waiver signed by parent or guardian.
– Gloves, buckets and trash pickers will be provided (while supplies last), but we encourage you to bring your own reusable cleanup supplies so we can reduce our environmental footprint.
– Be safe! Be sure to bring a hat, sunscreen, water, & refillable water bottle.