August is National Crayon Collection Month
August is National Crayon Collection Month. We are so excited to partner with the nonprofit organization, Crayon Collection to help bring crayons to schools in need! Did you know there were many title 1 schools in and around the South Bay?
During the month of August we are rallying people and businesses in the South Bay to collect crayons. It’s so easy and there are several ways to support this cause! The best part about this is even your kiddos can get involved and help give back. You can drop off new and slightly used crayons at the locations listed below, encourage local restaurants to donate their slightly used crayons to this cause and encourage your favorite stores to become drop-off locations. All participating locations will be listed on this page and we will be updating throughout the month!
August is National Crayon Collection Month.
When you go to your favorite restaurant and are given crayons for the kids, save them and drop them off at one of the participating local businesses listed below. Brownie points if you speak to the manager and see if the restaurant will start collecting all of their slightly used crayons. If they agree to do this, please let us know so we can add them to our growing list of South Bay restaurants! The store manager can email us at [email protected]outhbaymommiesanddaddies.com
Drop off crayons
These awesome South Bay businesses have crayon collection boxes at their location! Stop by during business hours in August and drop off any crayons you’ve collected!
Redondo Beach Crayon Collection
- Sacks on the Beach (1611 S. Catalina Ave. Redondo Beach – Riviera Village)
- Sacks in the City (2512 Artesia Blvd, Redondo Beach)
- Ragin Cajun (Redondo Beach)
- Card De A (265 Avenida Del Norte, Redondo Beach – Riviera Village)
- Beach Life Fitness Boutique (312 S Catalina Ave, Redondo Beach)
- Lollipop A Children’s Boutique (1813 S. Catalina Ave, Redondo Beach – Riviera Village)
- The Aloha Bungalow (1799 S Catalina Ave. Redondo Beach – Riviera Village)
- Wanna Chill? – Shave Ice (800 South Pacific Coast Highway, Redondo Beach)
- South Play (903 N. Catalina Ave, Suite 101, Redondo Beach)
Hermosa Beach Crayon Collection
- Gum Tree (238 Pier avenue, Hermosa Beach)
- Sylvan Learning of Hermosa Beach (1137 Aviation Blvd, Hermosa Beach)
- curious… (128 Pier Ave., Hermosa Beach)
Manhattan Beach Crayon Collection
- Manhattan Village – Box located at Concierge by the Apple Store (3200 Sepulveda Blvd. Manhattan Beach)
- Gum Tree (324 Manhattan Beach Blvd, Manhattan Beach)
- Islands Restaurant (Manhattan Village – 3200 North Sepulveda Boulevard)
El Segundo Crayon Collection
- Rabbit Ladders (860 CA-1 #C107, El Segundo – The Point)
Torrance Crayon Collection
- Aerial Gymnastics Club (Torrance) 23036 Hawthorne Blvd Torrance CA 90505
- AR Workshop Torrance (24046 Vista Montana, Torrance)
- Performance Vision Therapy (2790 Skypark Drive Suite 115, Torrance, CA 90505)
- Red Car Brewery & Restaurant (1266 Sartori Ave., Torrance, CA 90501)
- Torrance Bakery (1341 El Prado Avenue, Torrance, CA 90501)
Palos Verdes & Rolling Hills Crayon Collection
- Peninsula Center for Children and Families (655 Deep Valley Drive #220, Rolling Hills Estates)
And more to be added soon! We are looking to have 25 drop off locations in the South Bay!! If you own a business and would like to participate – please email us [email protected]
We are so excited with local restaurants and have joined us in this cause and are saving crayons for us instead of throwing them away! More being added to the list every day.
Looking for more fun things to do this summer, check out our list of fun things to do with kids and our Community Event Calendar, updated frequently!
Find fun things to do with kids on these round up posts:
- South Bay Wilderness Parks and Easy Trails for Kids
- Botanical Gardens in Southern California
- Guide to Southern California Zoo & Aquariums
- Best Places for Snow Near Los Angeles
- Social Distanced Places for Kids in Southern California
- Water Parks, Splash Pads, & Pools to cool off
- All things Planes, Trains, Boats & Automobiles
- Best Children’s Museums in Los Angeles & Orange County
- Children Programming at your Local Library
- 40+ Fun Things to Do with Kids in Los Angeles