Coastal Cleanup Day (Plus Traveling Tidepool, Arts & Crafts, & More)
In celebration of Coastal Cleanup Day, LA County Beaches and Harbors is partnering with Heal the Bay to host a Beach Cleanup event at Dockweiler Beach. Our goal is to inspire and educate a new generation on how to create a more sustainable future!
This free event will also feature our Can the Trash! booth, arts & craft station with reDiscover Center, and a traveling tidepool. Don’t miss this great experience for you, your family, and friends to get involved in the community and environment.
NOTE: All cleanup volunteers must print, complete, and submit a signed beach cleanup waiver form in order to join the cleanup.
Check-in & Supply Location: Dockweiler Youth Center – 12505 Vista del Mar, Playa del Rey, CA 90293
Want to roll up your sleeves for this beach cleanup?
– We would love to have you participate in our beach cleanup, which will take place on Saturday, September 17th, 9 AM – 12 PM.
– A signed beach cleanup waiver form is required for every volunteer.
– Volunteers ages 12 & younger must be accompanied by an adult.
– Volunteers under 18 years old must have a waiver signed by parent or guardian.
– Gloves, buckets and trash pickers will be provided (while supplies last), but we encourage you to bring your own reusable cleanup supplies so we can reduce our environmental footprint.
– Be safe! Be sure to bring a hat, sunscreen, water, & refillable water bottle.