How to Celebrate the Holidays During a Pandemic
Tis the season to be jolly, even in 2020, so to help with that rosy glow and spirit brightening, we’ve compiled a list of 25+ ways to Celebrate the Holidays during a pandemic! As many of us are under “safer at home” orders, it’s quality time’s moment to shine and we have so many ideas for you and your family to enjoy plenty of holiday hooray! So, let the magic of the season warm your heart, check out our list for whipping up festive fun!
Whatever you do, make this Holiday memorable, not only because of the circumstances, but because you did something this year to make it sparkly and special! Going the extra mile will preserve this as a sweet memory and will be remembered as a triumph for years to come!
Snug At Home
- Pick out family matching pajamas
- Watch a Holiday Movie Marathon – totally binge and bonus points for playing Holiday Movie Bingo
- Read your favorite Holiday Books
- Make the Ultimate Holiday Music Playlist
- Print Holiday Coloring Pages and Color!
- Make paper snowflakes to decorate your windows
- Bake! – Savory and salty, warm and chocolatey, or sugary and sweet
- Throw Holiday Zoom parties – Send digital invites, get dressed up, or wear matching PJs, and zoom party!
- – Play Holiday games and quizzes or give out “best elf” awards!
- – Make it a virtual decoration “walk through” and show off your decorations
- – Play Holiday Mad Libs
- Have a festive dance party
- Throw a virtual recipe/cookie swap
- Make a Hot Chocolate Bar or Hot Cocoa Charcuterie Board with all the hot chocolate mix-in’s, toppings and treats
- Make Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Build a fire and make smores
- Play board games!
- Write a letter to Santa
- Visit Santa Virtually
- Make gingerbread houses
- Play Holiday Games (like):
- Reindeer Ring Toss
- Christmas Carol Charades
- Holiday Mad Libs
- Gift wrap relay race
- Track Santa on Google
- Watch Virtual Nutcracker Ballet performances, Seasonal Orchestras and Symphonies, Classic Carol Sing-A-Longs, Holiday Themed Musicals and Broadway Plays – Most are free or inexpensive and can help support your local arts.
- Send Holiday Cards (real or virtual!)
- Take fun family photos with Holiday Photobooth props
- Send recorded Holiday messages to loved ones so they can revisit your cheer-filled video or voice message!
Safely, Socially Distanced and Masked
- Drive Thru Christmas Lights – Bonus points if you decorate the car
- Drive around to look at neighborhood lights and decorations
- Make “You’ve Been Jingled” or “You’ve Been Elfed” surprise presents and gift baskets to deliver on loved ones’ doorsteps
- Drive to see snow near you
- Rent a screen and projector and watch festive movies outside
- Give Back to your community and those in need
For additional ways to celebrate, check out our Holiday Round Up!
For more Holiday fun, check out our South Bay Holiday Event Guide.
If you are looking for the perfect Holiday gifts, please check out our local South Bay Shopping Guide and South Bay Shopping Guide for Kids. Both guides filled with lot of options to get your holiday shopping done while supporting our local businesses.
We’ve also created a list on Ways to Volunteer in the South Bay this Holiday Season and a list of local restaurants to get your South Bay Catered Holiday Meals.