Parenting can make it challenging to enjoy alone time with your significant other. However, carving out time is essential for maintaining a healthy relationship, which is also vital to a healthy family. Finding something exciting to do on a date night isn’t always easy, so we’ve put together a list of the best date ideas to give you some inspiration.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect excuse to get started. See how many of these creative date ideas you can check off before next year.
Valentine’s Day Date Ideas for Los Angeles
1. Visit a museum. Regardless of your passions, Los Angeles is home to many exciting museums featuring art and culture from around the world, and they offer the perfect spark for a conversation that doesn’t involve kids. Love cars? Take a drive to the Petersen. Is Netflix and chill your go-to date night? Kick it up a notch with a visit to the new Academy Museum.
2. Get a couples massage. LA has endless spas for some much-needed pampering. You may even be able to book an in-home massage, so you don’t even have to go out.
3. Go on a romantic boat ride. Go for a chartered cruise around the Marina del Rey, or put your muscles to work and rent a pedal boat at Echo Park or Lake Balboa.
4. Have a low-key night in. Instead of hiring a babysitter to come to you, drop the kids off and enjoy the silence. You might find it more romantic to escape the outside world and enjoy each other’s company at home.
5. Take a cooking class together. Stuck in a dinner rut? Spice things up and learn to cook a new dish together at a spot like Hipcooks LA or Chef Eric’s Culinary Classroom. Don’t want to leave the house, take an in-home class with a private chef through Cozymeal.
6. Bowl! There are several places in Los Angeles to bowl. They usually offer specials for their bowling lanes on Valentine’s Day, so call before you go.
7. See a comedy show. Nothing like laughter to break stress and tension. LA has some great comedy shows so that you can enjoy a laugh together. Check out an improv show or see big names at one of LA’s many comedy clubs.
8. Visit an escape room together. These fun interactive games provide a good mix of suspense, problem-solving, and teamwork between partners to figure out clues that will allow them to break out of the room within an allotted time frame.
9. Spend time outside of your regular neighborhood. Little Tokyo is a great spot, for example. Delicious restaurants, funky shops, and cultural sites like the Japanese American National Museum make for the perfect day date.
10. Go for a hike on one of LA’s many scenic trails. If you feel like taking in some fresh air while enjoying the outdoors, hiking is a great way to bond with your date. Excellent trails and scenery surround LA, so you’ll have plenty of photo ops as the date progresses. There are various trail lengths and difficulties, so you can choose based on what’s most appropriate for your fitness levels and interests.
11. Catch a game together. Whether you watch the LA Kings hit the ice or the Lakers at the newly named Crypto Arena, sporting events are guaranteed to make date night exciting. Plus, it’s an opportunity for you both to cheer on your favorite team.
12. Take a sunset walk on the beach. Pack a picnic and enjoy the view with a bite at one of LA’s many scenic beaches. .
13. Visit a theme park without kids. Enjoy the rides at Disneyland or Universal Studios without hefting a stroller and diaper bag. You’ll experience the thrills in a whole new way.
14. Throw an ax. Ax throwing is definitely not for kids, and that’s what makes it one of the best date ideas for parents. At LA Ax, you can aim for the target and have plenty of fun.
15. Stroll around the Venice Canals. The scene is beautiful in this iconic spot, and you’ll get a chance to talk and catch up with each other. To make it even more romantic, go during sunrise or sunset.
17. Stargaze at the Griffith Observatory. Catch a timed show at the observatory and then take in the city lights from one of the best views in LA.
18. Visit an indoor trampoline park. Jumping isn’t just for kids. It’s a great way to let go of your inhibitions and have fun with your date while getting some exercise too.
Los Angeles has endless opportunities for a fun and romantic night with your partner. Whether you’re looking for a fun, energetic night out or a cozy, intimate date – one of these date ideas is sure to appeal to you and your love.
Have a date night idea we missed? Share your favorite spots on our Local Anchor Facebook group.